The Strontium Team is
did her undergraduate work at the university of Waterloo in Raymond Laflamme’s group. She joined our team as an intern in 2015 and started her PhD work with us in late 2016. For her doctoral work in the strontium lab, Annie won a competitive scholarship from the Canadian science foundation NSERC.
did her undergraduate work in Trento. She joined our team in Fall 2019 and started her Master thesis work in October 2019.
did his undergraduate work at TU Munich. He joined our team in Fall 2019 and started his Master thesis work in October 2019.
did his undergraduate work in Erlangen and in Vladan Vuletić’s group at MIT. He joined our team as a PhD student in 2015. André applied his experience with optical cavities to the design of a highly stable cavity with large mode volume that creates the optical lattices for our experiments. André defended his PhD in June 2020 and is staying with us as a postdoc.
joined us in July 2018 as a Postdoc from the Institute of Physics in Zagreb. Neven did his PhD in Ticijana Ban’s group on synthetic magnetism and novel laser cooling techniques using frequency combs. For his postdoctoral work in the strontium lab, Neven won a Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant from the European Research Council ERC.
is the director of the Quantum Many Body Physics division at the Max-Planck-Institute for Quantum Optics and leads the Quantum Optics Group in the Physics Department at Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München.
We often host interns who work on technical projects. Many of these interns stay on to do a Bachelors or Masters thesis once they know their way around the lab. We are lucky to have these talented students working with us:
- Paula Pilatus
- Intern from LMU.
Many of our group members stay in the same field and end up working at all kinds of research labs in many countries. Here is a list of recent lab members:
- Mateo Kruljac, MSc
- Intern from Institute of Physics, Zagreb, Fall 2019.
- Rudolf Haindl, MSc
- Master student 2018 – 2019.
- Etienne Staub, MSc
- Master student 2018 – 2019.
- Tianli Wang
- Summer intern 2019.
- Ivan Kokhanovskyi
- Bachelor student 2019.
- Stepan Snigirev, PhD
- Postdoc 2015 – 2018. Now CTO of Crypto Advance GmbH.
- Fabian Finger, MSc
- Master student 2017 – 2018.
- Luisa Eck
- Summer intern 2018.
- Lucas Kimmig
- Intern 2017 – 2018.
- Emil Davletov
- Summer intern 2017. Now a masters student at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow.
- Stephan Wissenberg, MSc
- Master student 2016 – 2017.
- Lukas Homeier, BSc
- Bachelor student 2017.
- Lev Tepliakov
- Summer intern 2016. Now a masters student at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology, Moscow.
- Rodrigo González Escudero, MSc
- Master student 2015 – 2016. Now a graduate student in the Schreck group, U. Amsterdam
- Nejc Janša, MSc
- Master student 2015 – 2016. Now a graduate student at Jožef Stefan Institute, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics.
- Pradyumna Paranjape, MSc
- Intern 2015 – 2016. Now a graduate student in the Schmiedmayer group, TU Wien.
- Zhichao Guo
- Summer intern 2015. Now a graduate student in Dajun Wang's group, Chinese University of Hongkong.
- Yunpeng Ji
- Summer intern 2015. Now a graduate student at Yale University.
- Qing Fang
- Summer intern 2015.